Blog logo

Blog logo

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

FOR OUR FALLEN HEROES


---------------------------------------
The rivers that flow through my land
are stained by the blood of our martyrs
The majestic mountains that overlook our islands
Are dotted with birds whose wings flap as light as a zephyr
For they are the birds that carry the message
The message to our youth, heralded from a different age
I greet the radiant morning sun
That shines on our fertile valleys
But i am naked and i am on the run
I hide behind the walls and in the alleyways of tears
For i am dead, and i am the one who was slain
By the evil jackals and hyenas you so perversely trained
Each flower that falls from our regal flamboyant tree
Represents the blood that you spilled so copiously
In the drains of Victoria and the gutters of St Louis
My voice echoes through every corridor
The fibres of my body stretch around our shores
From the tranquil Bel Ombre to the serene Cote D'or
Though i was Seychellois, proud and free
Your foreign guns silenced me, but they could not silence my dignity
For still i fly over our farms and orchards as a bird, as a honey bee
I will continue to pollinate every flower and every fruit tree
Like the Paille-en-Queue, and the Colibriat liberty
I still fly unhindered over our rivers and above our sea
You have killed me but you could not kill my identity
For I am Davidson Chang-Him, Alton Ah-Time, Hassan Ali
I am Gerard Hoarau, Simon Desnousse, Berard JeanieI am Jean Guillaume, Tony Elizabeth, Michel Hoffman
I am Mike Asher, I am Gilbert Morgan
And all the others you have killed out of spite
In the eerie darkness and in the dead of the night I will continue to fly over and guard our beautiful islands
But I will haunt you and i will haunt your children
For like a phoenix my blood has risen from the ashes, and from the sand
And i have become whole again, as i was when
In my youth, in my prime, you decided to cut me down
But you possess no soul and for your villainous crimes, my blood will choke you and you will drown.
For i am the islands
For Seychellois i remain.

Anonymous~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: